Monday, November 1, 2010

I went to Maggie Beer's Farm :-)

Hi everyone,

I have just got back from a weekend away in the Barossa for a mini school reunion with 10 of my primary school friends - some of us have not seen each other for 35 years or more!   We stayed at the Barossa Valley Tourist Park, which was much bigger than we expected and the cabins were clean and reasonably well maintained.  In fact, THIS was my actual cabin for the weekend.

The weather was a bit cold and windy, which is a bit unusual for this time of year, but it did not dampen our spirits.  We ventured out and about anyway.



We visited Maggie Beer's Kitchen and got to taste some goodies.  The Burnt Fig, Caramel & Honeycomb Ice Cream is just GAWGEOUS!






As part of our reunion, the local girls brought up a heap of food for PotLuck on Friday night.  We booked the common room and had a party.  We did have a curfew though - no noise after 10pm.






We cooked in relays in our own cabins and brought everything to the common room.  I made up a batch of butter chicken & rice and some lasagna. 
One of the girls brought up her chicken curry and her husband's beef curry that was particularly hot - I only had a small serve ;-)  We ended up having way too much food and had some of it reheated for brunch on Saturday.  Saturday was spent sightseeing - we went to Maggie Beer's , Angas Park Fruit, and Wohlers.  Sunday came around far too quickly and it was time to go home.  My husband picked me up and a small group of us went out for coffee & brunch before heading home.


It was a great weekend, but I am glad to be home, back in my own bed ;-)

2 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful. I would love to go to Maggie's farm. The kitchen is just so familiar after watching it on tv for so long. Although I am surprised to see gas burners there again, they certainly weren't there in the last series of Cook and the Chef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Katren - it was such a buzz just to be there ;-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - it is most appreciated.